We’re just back from another incredible trip in the Austrian Tirol with Topflight. We’re already counting down the days until 24 August 2019, when we get to go again. We’ve spent the week with a group of our amazing readers in the idyllic little town of Ehrwald in Tirol exploring the stunning Alpine mountains that surround it. We hiked, we swam, we ate, we drank and it was pure perfection. Below is just a snapshot of some of our days living it up in the Austrian great outdoors on this year’s Outsider hiking trip.
A particular highlight of the trip is the tough but stunning trek to Lake Seebensee. Make sure to hop in to pass the turquoise lake, the Drachensee for a cold plunge to soothe your achy muscles.
A snapshot from stage 16 of the Eagle Walk, the 413km long-distance mountaineering trail, which runs the length of the region. The route makes for some pristine hiking through meadows and forests.
A massive bucket list trek up to The Zugspitze glacier. At 2,962 m above sea level, it is the highest mountain in Germany.
The Outsider Austrian Hiking Trip, 24-31 August 2019
- Cost: €799 & includes:
- Return flights from Dublin + 20kg bag allowance
- Return transfers by luxury coach
- 7 nights B&B in the Sonnenburg Hotel
- 6 evening meals in the Sonnenburg Hotel
- Evening meal in a mountain hut followed by evening hike
- Glacier hike with guide
- Guided hike to Lake Seebensee with lunch at a mountain hut
- 2 x stages of the ‘Eagle Walk’ hike with guides
- A cable car ride to the top of Germany and the Zugspitze Glacier
- Ski lifts required for the hikes are included
- Tyrolean evening in the Sonnenburg
- Excursion to Neuschwanstein Castle
- A boat trip on Lake Heiterwang or Plansee
- Zugspitze Via Ferrata adventure: €50 (optional extra)
- Climbing adventure: abseiling, climbing, flying fox, slacklining: €35 (optional extra)
- A Guest Card tax of €2 per day is payable locally. This includes various discounts locally and unlimited use of the local bus in Zugspitze Arena.
Check out our Hard as Nails podcast:
Like this? You should check these out: